Savings Around the Home
Savings around the Home
With the cost living on the increase, here are some helpful tips on how to reduce the cost of your gas, electricity and water whilst also helping lower carbon emissions.
1) Turn your thermostat down by 2 degrees or even turn the heating off completely with summer coming soon.
2) Try to make sure radiators aren’t being blocked with curtains or furniture so that the most amount of heat can be felt from them.
3) Don’t use your tumble dryer, dry your clothes on an airer or outside. Also washing clothes at a lower temperature can reduce consumption as well.
4) If you have a dishwasher, have you seen the ECO setting? Use this to save on energy consumption.
5) Make sure to turn off any lights or electrical items when not in use.
6) A longer term idea is to invest in a water efficient shower head and reduce the length of showers.
7) Make sure you only fill the kettle with the amount of water required so to not extend the amount of the time it takes to boil water.
8) Replace halogen bulbs with LEDs which are the most energy efficient bulbs available and last longer. One trick is to use timer switches to set lamps to come on and go off.
9) Use a slow cooker, a great way to cook food and much more energy efficient than an oven. Also cook in batches so it reduces the amount of time the oven is on.
10) Draught proofing your home is a great way to make sure that any heat generated doesn’t escape and become wasted. Replacing doors, frames, windows can all help with draught proofing, if you need advice on external frames, please do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected] or 01246 813131.
We hope these tips come in useful for you, we will definitely be using them ourselves here at Green Tree Doors.