Our Environmental Promise
Nothing is more valuable than the environment in which we live.
We take our responsibility very seriously, recognising that there are few industries more closely linked with the environment than timber.
Green Tree Doors is committed to preventing pollution and to complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and other environmental requirements.
We will regularly evaluate the environmental impact of our activities, products and services and we will take action to continually improve our environmental performance.
It is our policy to:
- Minimise the use of energy, water and natural resources
- Minimise waste through prevention, re-use and recycling where possible
- Dispose of waste safely and legally
- Avoid the use of hazardous materials, where practical
- Work with environmentally responsible suppliers
- Prevent environmental damage and minimise nuisance factors such as noise and air pollution
We will define environmental objectives, targets and improvement actions that are related to this policy and to our significant environmental aspects. We will regularly evaluate progress.
We are committed to providing relevant environmental training and promoting environmental awareness to employees and, where appropriate, to suppliers and to communicating our environmental performance.
We will implement processes to prevent environmental non-conformities and to ensure that we are prepared to deal with potential environmental emergencies.
The policy will be regularly reviewed and updated to take account of organisational priorities and changes, environmental legislation and best practice.
Green Tree Doors is committed to reducing our impact on the environment in all areas of our business. Our long-term commitment is to continue to raise awareness and promote sustainability among our team members, suppliers, customers and communities.
Green Tree Doors has a contract with Veolia, https://www.veolia.co.uk/veolia-uk the Global leader in optimized resource management. They are a company committed to focusing on carbon reduction by preventing pollution, preserving natural resources, protecting biodiversity, combating climate change and raising environmental awareness.
- Working with Green Tree Doors to treat waste in the best possible way for the environment and our business
- Give recyclable materials a second life in one of the innovative treatment facilities across the UK
We are committed to minimising our company’s impact on the environment.